Customized Group Tours
Explore boutique wineries & vineyards with our Vidin Wine Tours. Enjoy the beautiful nature, the panorama views and visit historical fortresses in Northwestern Bulgaria.
Customized Group Tours
Taste the local wine Gamza and the cuisine that Vidin and Belogradchik areas offer.
Do you know that the first wine school in Bulgaria was opened in 1887 in Vidin?
Wine production has over a thousand year long tradition in Bulgaria. The Thracian civilization, which lived on the territory of the Balkans in ancient times, worshipped the gods Zagreus and Dionysius and used the wine during their religious rituals. Today Bulgaria produces fine quality wines, some of which are made from unique sorts of vine, impressing wine connoisseurs worldwide. Our wine country has 5 wine regions, each with its own specifics.
Northwestern Bulgaria is part of Northern region (between Balkan Mountains and Danube River), called also Danube plain. Gamza (aka Kadarka) is the local red wine variety, which is traditional for the area of Belogradchik and Vidin. The grapes of this variety mature late and produce red dessert and table wines. Let’s taste the organic Gamza wine together.
Group size: 6 – 39 guests and more on request
Duration: 2-3 days in Northwestern Bulgaria. If you stay longer in Bulgaria, we would love to show you one more wine region or combine this wine tour with other culture, nature and historical hidden gems.
Vidin Wine Tours Highlights:
- Winery visits in Northwestern Bulgaria: 3 – 6
- Wine Tastings at local boutique wineries nearby Belogradchik and Vidin
- Visit to Belogradchik fortress, Magura or Venetsa cave, Baba Vida fortress in Vidin
- English or German speaking licensed tour guide and wine lover
- Accommodation according to your preferences
- Private driver & comfortable bus
- Lunch and/or dinner
- A walk along Danube River
- Adventure activities
- Photos with happy moments to remember
Starting point: Sofia or Vidin, or any other location in Bulgaria
Sofia – Vidin: 200 km one way
Sofia – Belogradchik: 180 km one way
Vidin – Belogradchik: 53 km one way
To customize an authentic wine tour for your group or team, please get in touch with us and let us know your travel ideas. We offer tailor-made wine and food tours in Northwestern Bulgaria. This is boutique travel experience, please contact us at least 1 month in advance to discuss your group event. We pay attention to details and need time to design it especially for you. We cannot guarantee availability for group tastings at the last moment.
Kind reminder: Vidin Wine Tours are not available during Orthodox Easter (15 – 17 April 2023) and Christmas Holidays (24 – 26 December 2023). We are there for you all year long but these dates are dedicated to our family. Cheers!
Let’s design together with you and create unique experience that inspire, connect and celebrate.
Good to know: Events, which happen once a year
- Trifon Zarezan celebration оf the vine growers and wine producers in Bulgaria – 14 February
- Summer music festivals in Vidin – July
- Grape harvest season: End of August – October
- VIII summer festival “Opera of the peaks” – Belogradchik rocks
- Vintage Vehicles Vidin – in the beginning of August
- Бъдинъ Budin Medieval festival in Baba Vida fortress – End of August
- 26 October – Day of St Dimitar and Day of Vidin, International Mavrud Day