Belogradchik Wine Tour 1 day
Enjoy the beautiful nature, and the panorama views of Belogradchik rocks and visit the Belogradchik fortress in Northwestern Bulgaria. Learn the story behind a boutique winery and taste the local traditional red wine – Gamza, and organic cheese.
Taste the local wine Gamza
Taste the local wine Gamza and the cuisine that the Belogradchik area offers.
Today we will visit our birthplace and experience the unique nature and energy of Belogradchik. One of the highlights is a visit to a boutique winery, where you will taste Bulgarian wines and learn more about the wine-making process.
Borovitza winery is a special project by two true masters of living beyond rules, who devoted their lives to wine – Ognyan Tsvetanov and Adriana Srebrinova. Borovitza is an emotional process, related to a dream, work, devotion, aspiration, love, and sadness. Opening the winery has been inspired by the best world examples and a desire for tradition, local products of good quality, valuable people, and beautiful nature to be restored in Bulgaria as well, in the unique well-preserved Northern land, as Adriana calls it.
Gamza is a dark thin-skinned grape variety used for a red wine, that grows in Northwestern Bulgaria since ancient times. It can be found under the name Kadarka in Romania, Hungary, and other countries. Gamza ripens at the end of September and the beginning of October. However, in Northwestern Bulgaria this happens earlier around September because the accumulation of sugar is more intense. Gamza is cultivated best on windy hills with rich soil. Today Gamza wines receive awards in international wine competitions and boost the image of Bulgaria as a wine country.
Private tour for 3 – 1 travelers and more on request
Price range: EUR 120 – 240 per person
The price includes:
- Licensed English or German-speaking tour guide and wine lover
- Pick up and drop off from/at your accommodation in Sofia. Transportation by car.
- Winery visit in Northwestern Bulgaria
- Wine Tasting of 3-5 Bulgarian wines at a local boutique winery nearby Belogradchik
- Sightseeing at Belogradchik rocks
- Photos with happy moments to remember
- Mineral water
The price excludes:
- Entrance fee to Belogradchik fortress (BGN 6 per person)
- Lunch at a local restaurant in Belogradchik (BGN 20 – 30 per person)
- Overnight in Sofia (We could book it for you. Please let us know in your request.)
- Adventure activities
- Personal costs
- Wine bottles, which you can buy at the winery shop
Duration: 1 day
If you prefer to stay longer, please check out our GAMZA WINE TOUR 2 days.
This tour can be booked also as Self-guide and drive tour.
Starting point: Sofia or Vidin
Sofia – Belogradchik: 180 km one way
Vidin – Belogradchik: 53 km one way
Good to know: Events, which happen once a year
- Trifon Zarezan celebration оf the vine growers and wine producers in Bulgaria – 14 February
- Grape harvest season: End of August – October
- VIII summer festival “Opera of the peaks” – Belogradchik rocks
- 26 October – Day of St Dimitar and Day of Vidin, International Mavrud Day
Kind reminder: Vidin Wine Tours are not available during Orthodox Easter (15 – 17 April 2023) and Christmas Holidays (24 – 26 December 2023). We are there for you all year long but these dates are dedicated to our family. Cheers!